Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Watson Tom Watson is offline

Default The Truth

On 8 Mar 2007 06:31:30 -0800, wrote:

On Mar 7, 9:51 pm, tom watson wrote:
snip
I hope to god that everyone of you who thought that this war was right
will read the list of the dead and look at their pictures - because it
is fools like you who caused their deaths - you are responsible.

This isn't a ****ing game of Republicans and Democrats, or
Conservatives and Liberals - this is a not-game that is played with
the blood of young American children.

Everyone who beat the war drum for this cluster **** is responsible
for each of deaths of each of those young Americans.

You make me sick.

No wonder why Tom left the group for a while. Some inconsiderate
spammer decides to pretend he is the real Tom and posts nonsense like
this. It's slanderous and a lot of other things. If people look back
at all of Tom's posts during the years, they are thoughtful and, many
time, tongue-in-cheek. Never, ever has he used hateful language such
as is written here.

I do not understand why people think they need to flood a woodworking
group with this propoganda. What good does it do to have people at
each other's throats? Are the people who participate in this
newsgroup responsible for the war, death, and destruction? I don't
think so. Are we capable of making it all end? Again, I don't think
so.

All that is done when the original spammer, er, poster did this was to
cause turmoil and he is supposably against turmoil. Sort of a double-
standard if you ask me.

No, it was really me.

This is where I hang out - I have many old friends here, although some
of them do get squirmy when I speak my mind on current events.

The Wreck is like a bar that you visit once in awhile - there are guys
that you belly up to and there are others that you are a little more
distant from.

Something that distinguishes this newsgroup, I think, is that there
are a great number of intelligent folks here. Some of them talk and
some of them don't.

There is nothing wrong with occasionally speaking your mind - so long
as you do not become a common scold.

I read something that set me off and I spoke out. As long as I don't
turn it into a continuing diatribe - most folks will just say, "That's
Tommy passing wind. He'll be back on topic tomorrow."

I value that.

I had something that I wanted to say.

It's over now.

We now return you to your regular programming.

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/