Gnube

Default What constitutes reasonable wear (cordless drill)

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 23:43:25 +0100, Grunff wrote:

Do yourself a *big* favour and try Mandrake9 (he says, typing
this on a w2k laptop!). Get it from somewhere like
URL:http://linuxemporium.co.uk/ for a few £.

That's the fist thing I did when I got broadband, downloaded the 3
Mandy 9 ISOs and had a crack at it.

Oddly, just posted what happened in the " RFD uk.d-i-y" thread in
reply to another, playing with my sig! ;O)

I just looked in my CD wallet and it's in good company:
FreeBSD 4.5 - 4 CDs plus the mini one;
LM 9 - 3 CDs;
Debian Woody - 7 CDs;
Suse 8.0 - 1 CD;
Knoppix 1 CD.

Since I've bought examples of them as well as downloading latest
version at times too, I think I've done my share of giving it a fair
go. I would admit to being a bit of a picky so and so though! I'm sure
in time I'll find one I am pretty much at home with. Oh and Gentoo has
been of interest and may go for another spin in the not too distant
future. For now it's win2k pro, and it's serviceable for what I want
to do (just).

Anyway, I'm sure we'll bore all and sundry if we carry on with this in
here, it's about as off topic as you could get, fascinations as it is
for us perhaps! Shame as there are no Via-Epia type board groups on
usenet as far as I know, and that's about DIY if anything ever was,
I'm hoping to lob one into a HiFi receiver that died last week in the
not too distant future. Got some saving to do first though! Anyone
know how to start one, and wouldn't mind trying to do so? I bet the UK
has quite a few tinkerers of this sort floating about! Good, clean,
cheapish fun! ;O)

Sorry for the off topic stuff everyone, I normally try to keep a lid
on it!

Take Care,
Gnube
{too thick for linux}