Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default If one needs a new furnace

mm wrote:
If I need a new furnace, I'm sure they will want to sell me a new AC
at the same time, and I could probably use one.

Does one set of guys install the furnace and the evaporator, and then
another set come to install the condenser and to hook the AC up?

Most do, but not all. I would want one to do both as if there is a
problem, you will not have one blaming the other.

If you wanted to do the furnace first and wait a few weeks or months
to finish the AC, would they likely charge extra for that? Would they
price it as two separate jobs?

I would want it all done at the same time. It will be cheaper (some of
the work would need to be done twice) and the same as above.

In another thread, I read again how important the AC installation is,
and to check out the who is going to do it, so I could use the time.
The furnace might end up being a semi-emergency buy, but the AC won't.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit