Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default No more filament bulbs

On 2007-03-15 07:42:32 +0000, David Hansen
said:

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:53:59 +0000 someone who may be John
wrote this:-

What are we meant to do with all the security lights where CFLs won't
work?

I doubt if linear halogen lights will be eradicated in the short
term. However, low powered dusk to dawn lights are better at
deterring criminals.

Probably true.

What about my sitting room lights on a dimmer?

Very inefficient. Dimmed bulbs consume nearly as much electricity as
undimmed ones.

Aesthetic requirement. Customer requirements are not all about efficiency.

What about my "candle" bulb fittings where a CFL won't fit?

http://www.lightbulbs-direct.com/var...l.asp?var=3293 and the
like won't fit?

Visually, no.

How am I meant to recycle those pesky CFLs when I can't dispose of them
in the rubbish (landfill prohibition)?

Ask your council.

Tried that. Not interested.