william_b_noble

Default Advice to keep cars from sliding into my yard on bad curve.

I have been told of a similar situation involving a nice boxwood hedge,
except that the "electrician" was a few volts short of the spec - after
wiring the hedge he felt a need to test it operationally - as I understand
it, he spent some very uncomfortable time in the hospital and thereafter was
about half the man he used to be

"Rex B" wrote in message

|A small insulated chicken wire fence wired into 110vac with a 100 watt
|bulb in series (current limiting) will discourage dogs & drunks peeing.
|My father tried it, and you could still hear them yipping a mile away.

Years ago a good friend kept a pretty nice AMX in his driveway. Had the

factory
chromed wheels. Neighbor cat (or dog?) frequented the left rear wheel on

nightly basis, prompting regular rust control by my friend.
So one evening said friend rolls out a short piece of screen wire flat

beside
the wheel, then attaches one leg of a 110V cord to the wire. The other leg

of
110 was clamped to the vehicle frame.
Later on, while listening to the 10:00 news, a single, very loud,

unearthly
yowl was heard. No more rust problems.
Rex in Fort Worth