Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill buffalobill is offline

Default Will single hole faucet fit widespread center hole?

On Mar 14, 2:10 am, "dke3591" wrote:
Hi, someone gave me a bathroom sink, and it has (as I'm learning) 3
holes which I was told were 8 inch widespread. I was told the faucets/
handles to fit this are 2 - 3X more expensive than a standard single
hole faucet. Can I use a single hole faucet (the type with the lever
attached to the faucet) with the center hole? I don't have a single in
the house to "eyeball" to see if it may work or if hole sizes look
standard across the different types.
I can then get plugs or plates for the two unused holes I assume.
Thanks much.

buffalo ny: a kitchen sink has an 8-inch center-to-center hole for
your faucet.
prices from $17.95 and up, including sprayer if that sprayer hole is
also there.