Posted to rec.woodworking
woodman woodman is offline

Default Grizzly or Ryobi Planer Recommendations?

Actually, yes. I was just looking a a review of planers and the Ridgid was
pretty highly rated and includes all of the extras that the others don't
(extra set of knives, dust port, and stand). It looks like a pretty good
value for $379.

"efgh" wrote in message

"woodman" wrote in message
I've been looking at planers and at the low end of the price range I
found the Grizzly G0505 and the Ryobi AP1301. Does anyone have
experience with either of these planers, and if so, how do you like them?
Any problem with availability of replacement knives or other parts?

Thanks...

Chuck

Have you considered the Ridgid planer? There's a few of us here that have
one and we all seem to be generally happy with it if I can speak for the
others.