Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Anthony Matonak Anthony Matonak is offline

Default Preparing for Power Outages?

Larry Caldwell wrote:
Anyway, I bought about 35 lbs of candles for $1. About half the weight
was pillar candles, and about half was tapers. Thanks to this little
foray, I now have about 80 or 90 tapers on hand. I guess now I need to
keep my eyes open for a candelabra.

I've got a couple of packs of "emergency" candles in my kit somewhere
but to be honest, they'll be the last things I light up in an emergency.
Good flashlights are not very expensive, won't set the drapes on fire
and they don't set off smoke alarms or leave soot on the ceiling.

Anthony