Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Larry Caldwell Larry Caldwell is offline

Default Preparing for Power Outages?

Just a coda on the power outage prep thread:

I stopped by the Goodwill Last Chance store yesterday, and bought a
whole shopping bag full of candles for $1. If you are not familiar with
Goodwill, they have outlet stores where they keep things for 24 hours
before they are trashed or recycled. It's stuff that didn't sell in the
regular store, so it's pretty much "make an offer."

Anyway, I bought about 35 lbs of candles for $1. About half the weight
was pillar candles, and about half was tapers. Thanks to this little
foray, I now have about 80 or 90 tapers on hand. I guess now I need to
keep my eyes open for a candelabra.

--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.