Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Why GO BIG?

the cars had exactly the same brand and size of tires. The porsche is about
400 pounds heavier (1600 versus 1200). The morgan has a 2.4 liter engine,
the porsche 1.6, so the morgan could accelerate much faster, but the porsche
handles much better (until the rear end breaks loose - it really doesn't do
a nice 4 wheel drift like the morgan). And, morgan had front wheel disks,
porsche had huge aluminum finned brake drums that would self-unadjust making
for a rather special driving experience from time to time. But the porche
gets 45 mpg.... (mandatory wood content - the porsche has wooden floor
boards separating your feet from the firewall - plywood to be exact, the
morgan has more wood)

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"William Noble" wrote in message
.. .
"a little rough" - yeah, that's about right. It is a nice handling car -
note that I said "nice" not "fast". it will easily go into and out of a
very controlled 4 wheel drift, it has adequate power (TR-3 motor in mine)
to take it to just under 120 mph flat out. However.... I went from the
morgan to a Porsche 356A - the porsche had about 1/2 the horsepower, but
much better agility in turns - one particular turn that I used to slide
through at 45 in the morgan in a beautiful drift, didn't even make the
porsche chirp the tires at 65

Sounds like a tire issue . . .

(and I couldn't go any faster and stop at the stop sign at the end of the
turn).

Or perhaps a brake issue . . .