Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Patriarch Patriarch is offline

Default Can tools be too sharp?

"NoOne N Particular" wrote in
:
snip
I would like to get some training, but I don't think there is much in
my area. The nearest club that I am aware of is the Diablo
Woodworkers, but it is a little out of range. 45min to an hour drive.

Diablo Woodworkers meets the second Wednesday evening at 7 at the old
Pleasant Hill High School, back near the shop wing. There's a turners'
group meets the first Tuesday at Ygnacio Valley High, in their shop. No
charge for either group, and a fine bunch of folks. We have people drive
that far regularly.

Another new face would be welcome. It's generally worth the drive.

Patriarch