Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive Mitchell Clive Mitchell is offline

Default Why I dont DIY

In message , Grimly
Curmudgeon writes
My first attempt to repair an electro-mechanical timer control on an
old Hotpoint was accompanied by much swearing and the release of
numerous PFs into the space-time continuum. I'm convinced the makers
either have a pact with the Devil or a local black hole they assemble
them in.

I recall visiting a friend (also a time served spark) who was checking
out the controller on his washing machine. He held it in his hand and
asked me to turn the power on so he could check if the cam motor was
running. Having noted the row of contacts underneath where he seemed to
be gripping it I asked if he was sure he was clear of the contacts. He
said yes he was sure, so I dutifully switched it on and then off again
quickly just in case. What a scream he let out! He hadn't seen the
contacts underneath and had his fingers across them.

Ho hum.

--
Clive Mitchell
http://www.bigclive.com