Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lurch Lurch is offline

Default Advice on buying a ladder

On 13 Mar 2007 09:50:11 -0700, mused:

Thanks for all of the really useful responses. I'd been planning to
get a combination ladder, or failing that a double. After reading the
response couldn't have been much clearer about getting a ladder stay.

I've measured my gutters as being about 6.1 mts up. Based on a 1:4
ratio I reckon I'll need ladders at least 7.6m long. Looking at the
various websites it looks like the 7.44m long ladders will be too
small to get to the gutters & I'll have to go for the 8.94m length,
which will be heaver / more expensive / harder to store. Pls could
someone shout if I've got this wrong.

Depends on where you're storing them, if you have soe space about 3.5m
long then you'd have no trouble getting some 3.5m triples in. If your
space for ladder storage is 3m long then you'd struggle.

I've found Midland Ladders pretty good in the past, some 3.5m triples
there at a decent price. I've got some 3.2m triples that I can easily
manage on my own and can extend out to the full length in most
scenarios, but being 6'5" helps there.
--
Regards,
Stuart.