Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default Why I dont DIY

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Martin" saying
something like:

Back in the early '60s my dad had a BMC Farina model with the indicator side
stalk on the steerig column. It'd played up on the way home, so back in
the dark garage he thought he'd see if he could fix it. Well, that Big
Bang of ping****its is still expanding into the Universe. There wasn't
any point in even getting a torch

My first attempt to repair an electro-mechanical timer control on an old
Hotpoint was accompanied by much swearing and the release of numerous
PFs into the space-time continuum. I'm convinced the makers either have
a pact with the Devil or a local black hole they assemble them in.

- a 3-position switch on the dashboard
was the easiest and permanent solution. Pity it didn't self-cancel.

Heh, I remember those dash switches. Combined with the dip footswitch,
you'd end up doing a dance as you drove.
--

Dave