Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Dimensional lumber

On Mar 11, 6:47 pm, "DanG" wrote:
Surely this is a troll. Have you set the hook yet?
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Eigenvector" wrote in message

. ..

Is there any type of wood that is sold as per its dimension
anymore?

Same thought here. Although I did experience the same disbelief from
my neighbor when he was trimming out his new addition. He had no
table saw and needed some stock ripped for window trim. Handed me a
batch of 1x4 and asked for it to be ripped 2". I did. He was shocked
to find a stack of 2" plus a stack of 1x1/2 (minus kerf). I had to
explain the facts of life to him.

Of course he was also the guy who grew up on a farm and didn't believe
me when I told him he had wasted his money planting all those seedling
trees in his pasture without fenceing them off. He never heard of
cattle being browswers. I don't think any of them got as far as
putting out the first leaf.

Harry K