Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB dnoyeB is offline

Default Sump Pump Check Valve Vibrates

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 22:24:32 -0400, mm wrote:

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 17:10:27 -0500, "dnoyeB" wrote:

I found one on ebay where it said that he put in some other backup
sump pump or something like that, so he removed the water-powered one,
but it works. The bidding was over, but would you have believed this
story?

It's not like that space is useful for much. If I had one in, I
wouldn't take it out.

damn sure wouldnt. plumbers removed my neighbors water backup and put in
a 2nd electrical pump. Not even a backup pump. Those idiots need to be

But this sort of confirms the ebay guy's story. If your neighbor's
plumbers could be so stupid, so could an owner!

definitely true. My neighbors pump has been running probably non-stop
since the plumber put it in. The arm is blocked and it just runs and runs
and steams. probably going on 3 months now. Strong little sucker. But
it will give up the ghost at that rate, soon enough...

there was a sewage pump in the pit, its coated with like 1" of red mud.
Probably does not work. They just replaced it. but all it needs is to be
opened up and clean the gunk off the blades. I guess Plumbers don't do
that. Of course they probably saw the Jaguar in the garage and said skip
it...

sued. no room for 2 electric pumps with arm style floats. Im disgusted
by it.

I agree.