Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Why I dont DIY

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 23:06:16 UTC, Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember (Andrew
Gabriel) saying something like:

Ping****it! What a perfect description!

Sadly, I can't claim to have invented it. First heard it some
6 or 7 years ago from a PC lab guy when I was working in the US.
Then I saw someone mention it in this newsgroup a few months back.
A Google search shows it mostly comes up in motorcycle forums, and
as it happens, the PC lab guy I first heard it from was a biker
who was in to stripping his engines down (there were bits of them
on the shelf in his office).

Japanese handlebar switchgear usually contains a copious supply of
ping****its, but they are just carrying on the tradition established by
Joe Lucas and the Fabulous Flying Marelli Brothers.

And Wipac. Who remembers Wipac?
http://www.diybanter.com