Posted to alt.home.repair
Sock Puppet Sock Puppet is offline

Default OT Is it an hour later yet?

mm inspired greatness with:

A friend of mine with Windows XP didn't do anything to change the
dates, not with TZEDIT (Time Zone Edit) or any other way, and she said
her time still changed correctly. She has Verizon Cable. Do you
think Verizon somehow updated her dates for the DST change?

Wow.... You are really confused. In case you still have not figured
any of this out, I'll lay it out for you:

Remember - time servers always output UTC , a.k.a - Zulu time or GMT
(should be CUT or UCT - blame the French -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time

Since you're using Agent as your newsreader, I'll assume you are using
a Windows O/S... That information would have really helped out when
you started this thread. But perhaps you use a Linux emulator like
WINE, or the MAC equivalent.

You are running a version other than XP or Vista, most likely. XP has
a patch they sent out in automatic updates a long time ago - Vista
does not need a patch. That's why your friends PC updated itself.

Someone already gave you the correct answer regarding tzedit, it's
he

From: Seth Goodman
something other than your current time zone, then change it back?

Tzedit changes your registry settings, but in order to get those
changes re-read into the OS, it's necessary to change your time zone
in "Date/Time" in the Control Panel to something different, than
change it back.

It's all explained he
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=914387"

snip

Good luck, and remember to charge your fluxcapacitor.