Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default kitchen faucet not working but sprayer is working

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:
wrote:

i have no water at my kitchen faucet, but the sprayer is working
fine. all other water in the house is fine. earlier, the water
pressure in the kitchen seemed lower than usual. any ideas?

Before you work on the sprayer, there are two other possible
areas. First is the aerator on the faucet. They can become clogged.
Unscrew the thing on the end and see if it works then. If it does
it just needs to be cleaned or replaced. There is also a diverter
valve. in the faucet that switches between the sprayer and the
faucet. Take a good look at what you have and make sure you have
the brand name. You can then get parts from the hardware store to
replace that valve. You can also rebuild the entire valve assembly
for just a few dollars. It is also possible the spray head itself
is defective and the shut off there is not working.

Agreed right up to your last sentence Joseph.

He wrote "the sprayer is working fine". I'd expect he would have
written something about it "being on all the time" if the shut off
wasn't working, huh?

Likely you are right.

Jeff

--