Posted to alt.home.repair
jackson jackson is offline

Default o just reposition the belt or replace it.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Update: Managed to get the top of the dryer to pop up. There were 2
clips that needed a screwdriver to unlock the clips. The thin belt
that should be wrapped around the drum has snapped. Called the
repaiman anyway but thanks for all the tips. Made me do some more
reading and curiosity made me try to open the thing. Whatdaya know!?

Your over half way there - now that the top is off look down at the bottom
of the front of the dryer. Typically there are a couple of screws that
remove the front, or sometimes they are under the lid on the front panel.
Once the front is of changing the belt is a snap!

If you can't unplug the thing be sure the breaker is off, and test it to
make sure it is getting no power though before you start ripping into it!