Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default kitchen faucet not working but sprayer is working

Joseph Meehan wrote:
wrote:

i have no water at my kitchen faucet, but the sprayer is working fine.
all other water in the house is fine. earlier, the water pressure in
the kitchen seemed lower than usual. any ideas?

Before you work on the sprayer, there are two other possible areas.
First is the aerator on the faucet. They can become clogged. Unscrew the
thing on the end and see if it works then. If it does it just needs to be
cleaned or replaced. There is also a diverter valve. in the faucet that
switches between the sprayer and the faucet. Take a good look at what you
have and make sure you have the brand name. You can then get parts from the
hardware store to replace that valve. You can also rebuild the entire valve
assembly for just a few dollars. It is also possible the spray head itself
is defective and the shut off there is not working.

Agreed right up to your last sentence Joseph.

He wrote "the sprayer is working fine". I'd expect he would have written
something about it "being on all the time" if the shut off wasn't
working, huh?

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia