Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Barry N. Turner Barry N. Turner is offline

Default Best Budget Chuck For A Beginner

Buy a quality chuck first and you won't need to upgrade later. Plus you
won't have to deal with all those nasty dents in pieces that fly out of a
cheap chuck. There are few bargains. Usually, you get what you pay for. I
say, go for a Talon or a Supernova II.

Barry

wrote in message
ps.com...
I just ordered the new Jet Indexing Mini Lathe after borrowing my
dad's for a couple of months to get used to turning. Some of the
small projects that I've been working on would have been much easier
if I had a jaw chuck of some kind. I have looked at several online
and in catalogs like teh Supernova and the Talon but they are a little
steep for my current budget. Can anyone suggest a budget priced chuck
that will get the job done but won't be a piece of junk? I anticipate
upgrading to a better chuck later, but I'd like to find something not
too expensive to get started with. Thanks!

Todd Chandler