Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB dnoyeB is offline

Default Sump Pump Check Valve Vibrates

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 17:23:13 -0400, mm wrote:

No, ours originally was quiet, and the neigbors I've asked are quiet
as well. Something changed to make it bad in the first place. I
wouldn't make a decision based on a check valve making noise in my
case. Frankly, I didn't know this existed until last summer, it was
normal-sounding prior to that. FWIW a neighbor has a backup water
powered thing, and he feels it's a good solution.

Because of the extra installation work required, especially in my
house, it's tied, which I will get, so I'm looking for anything to
break the tie.

I found one on ebay where it said that he put in some other backup
sump pump or something like that, so he removed the water-powered one,
but it works. The bidding was over, but would you have believed this
story?

It's not like that space is useful for much. If I had one in, I
wouldn't take it out.

damn sure wouldnt. plumbers removed my neighbors water backup and put in
a 2nd electrical pump. Not even a backup pump. Those idiots need to be
sued. no room for 2 electric pumps with arm style floats. Im disgusted
by it.

anyway, this has nothing to do with the water hammer. which I think is
just pipes working themselves loose.