Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dan2590@hotmail.com is offline

Default Sump Pump Check Valve Vibrates

On Mar 12, 3:33 pm, " wrote:
You know the vibration excess noise could all have one CAUSE!

What if the dischgarge line is somehow blocked?

Then the discharge water pressure back makes the check valve bang when
pump shuts off?

Creates your new vibration noise?

If I were you I would connect a garden hose to the discharge line to
make certain it passes water easily!

Or one day it may stop completely and flood your basement

I did think of that. I'm "tellling myself" that's not the case since
when I took the check valve out to assess the situation last night,
some water obviously came down out of the blank PVC end, but not an
inordinate amount. I'm assuming that given the PVC travels up the
wall and then bends and goes up one more time, that area will have
some water post-cycle in it...that's about how much came out.

Anyway, I was telling myself that, and assumed there'd be some obvious
answer here on these boards or on the internet somewhere. That is
obviously not the case, and I'm beginning to think I need to hire a
plumber to assess the situation. It wasn't this way before, so
something somewhere is messing with my previous state of happiness.
Thanks for your thoughts!