Posted to alt.home.repair
newbee newbee is offline

Default Light Fixture

On Mar 11, 10:32 pm, "RBM" rbm2(remove wrote:
You got a few variables involved: What's the ceiling made of? Is there attic
above it? Do you want to eliminate the current ceiling outlet?

"newbee" wrote in message

oups.com...

In my new Town Home, the builder has provided a hanging light on the
side of the living room. I want to move this to the center of the
room and possibly put a new lighting unit.

How easy is it to move the existing fixture from the other part to the
center. The distance is about 4 feet (between the current fixture and
the center of the room).

Thanks

SR.

There is no attic on top. Its in the middle level with about 20"
joists, so I may have to cut a circular hole for the new fixture. I
want to reuse the existing switch/wiring of the other light fixture,
so, I can probably close it off after I move it to the center.

How easy or hard is it to accomplish this

Thanks

SR.