Ed Huntress

Default I may never "sharpen" a knife again (using a STeele)

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 19:20:11 +0100, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo
wrote:

"A.Gent" writes:

"Liberal" to me means right-wing, conservative. (Aussies will
understand).

Europeans will, too. The Americans had to invent "libertarian" to
replace "liberal" after they changed the meaning of that word...

Language is fun! :-)

-tih

Ah..no. Libertarian is a completly different term
http://www.csun.edu/~dgw61315/dgwlib.html#Liberals

Jeez, that's a lot of words. It's much simpler if you define it in terms of
behavior. A libertarian is someone who opposes aggression against others,
unless they think the others may initiate aggression against them. This
opens the door for unlimited pre-emptive aggression, under the principle of
preventing pre-emptive aggression. ?

A libertarian is someone who favors legalizing psychotropic drugs, until a
drug taker goes nuts behind the wheel of a car and starts running people
over, at which time a good libertarian will shoot them. ?

Even simpler is their politics: A libertarian is someone who favors
individual liberty, which is why they vote for right-wing neo-fascists. ?

Libertarians are very confused people. g

Ed Huntress