Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Bradford Chaucer Bradford Chaucer is offline

Default One Guy Recommended HIRE MOVERS - LISTEN TO HIM!!!!

I moved several machines; a 10 in Logan and an old P&W horrizontal mill
into and out of a basement through a Bilco type hatch with the assistance
of a local garage. Had him come by with his wrecker which had a hydraulic
extension arm. I removed ther steps from the metal stringers, dismounted
the table on the mill and the legs from the lathe and had him drop them
down into the hatch onto a dolly or moved them to the hatch on a dolly and
had him lift them out and take them around to my driveway.

I, like all of you, have read of a number of accounts over the years
of how some of our fellow lovers of heavy machines have moved their
prized machines into the bowels of a basement shop.

What I would like to hear are stories of how you have removed a
machine from a difficult location such as a basement.

Anyone?