Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Dryer is no longer spinning

On 11 Mar 2007 20:00:11 -0700, wrote:

ABout 1 week ago, the dryer was not drying clothes as well as before
so the plastic ducting in the rear was replaced with an aluminum
(bendable) 4 inch duct.

That's a good thing, but when you looked at the plastic duct, was it
clogged or crushed?

1 week later, the dryer turns on and heat is
generated but the tumbler is no longer tumbling. Before calling a

Is there a belt? Does the belt need replacing? Does the motor that
drives the tumbler turn?

repair company, is there something to try (without actually opening it
up)?

Probably not. Is there a lint filter in the mahcine? Have you cleaned
the lint filter? Mine whistles when it's full, but like anything
else, I suppose the whistling could fail.

Haven't heard of this happening, but I also wonder if there is a duct
before or after the lint filter that could get clogged, maybe if the
machine were run for a while with the filter not all the way in. Does
warm air blow out of the lint filter hole when the lint filter is not
in place (You should only need 5 seconds to tell. I don't want to clog
that internal duct, if there is one.)

Any tips would be great.