Arthur Dent

Default Changing oil through dipstick tube

Back when I went to work in a garage...er, excuse me, "*Service* Station",
(circa 1975 or so), when I did an oil change it was standard procedure to
completely remove the pan, clean it in the parts washer, and put it back
with a new gasket.

And even if you just stopped in for gas, you got your windows washed (front
and back), tire pressure checked, and an under-hood check (oil, water,
battery, belts, hoses), a *smile*...and a "Thank-You".

"Refinish King" wrote in
message ...

But, as a seasoned vetran, 35 years. I say that vacuming the oil isn't a

bad
idea, because the pan isn't flat and pulling the plug leaves residual oil

in
there too.

Refinish King