Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Why I dont DIY

On 11 Mar 2007 22:13:11 GMT, (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

Sadly, I can't claim to have invented it. First heard it some
6 or 7 years ago from a PC lab guy when I was working in the US.
Then I saw someone mention it in this newsgroup a few months back.
A Google search shows it mostly comes up in motorcycle forums, and
as it happens, the PC lab guy I first heard it from was a biker
who was in to stripping his engines down (there were bits of them
on the shelf in his office).

Quite a few years ago I went camping (using the motorcycle (a Triumph
Bonneville)) to a site a few miles south of Inverness. I was quite
saddened to see a German guy on the same site completely dismantling
his bike engine and replacing main and big-end bearing shells.
What a holiday he must've had...
I can't remember the make of his bike, but it was made by the same
firm that also made vacuum cleaners :-) It was a European'ish make.

--
Frank Erskine