Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
John Weiss John Weiss is offline

Default Choosing a Toilet

"Chris" wrote:

Anyway, it looks like the Eljer Titan is going to deserve some
investigation. It's not easy to test a toilet in the showroom!

I saw that article in consumer reports last year. The Eljer was rated
much higher than the Toto. A higher price never guarantees a better
product. We're buying an Eljer this summer. -Chris

From Terry Love's site:

Eljer Titan:

Good flushing toilet.
Could use a little better bowl wash, but better than some others.
Noise level consistent with other 3" flush valve toilets.

Toto Drake:

An industry standard for performance with what some consider the
best flush performance. Has perhaps the most thorough flush, leaving
nothing in the bowl.
Fairly compact at 28" in length for the elongated version and
26-1/2" for the regular bowl.
Easy to assembly with common tools. If you have pliers and a flat
blade screwdriver, you're in business.

I have to second the "compact" and "easy to assembl[e]" comments. One of my
bathrooms is small, and I wasn't sure if an elongated bowl would fit. Turns
out that the Drake was less than an inch longer from the wall overall than
my old round-bowl toilet. The tank is more compact, and it fits in the
standard roughout.