Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
John Weiss John Weiss is offline

Default Choosing a Toilet

"Luke Howett Fitzhugh" wrote...

No other source of information that I could find has tested as many
toilets as CR did. No other source did as detailed a test. CR tested
Crane, Eljer, Kohler, Gerber, American Standard, Toto, Mansfield,
Niagara, Jacuzzi, Briggs and Sterling. That's a bigger sample set than
is available locally. I'm satisfied with that.

Unfortunately, testing a single model in a large brand is totally
inadequate. There are too many differences within the brands.

The CWWA site cited earlier has a substantially larger database, and should
make a better basis for shopping. Once you weed out the low performers,
shop elsewhere to find info on specific models. I found the mfgrs' web
sites to be informative as well, and the plumber's and customers'
perspectives at www.terrylove.com invaluable.