Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Tommy J. Tommy J. is offline

Default Choosing a Toilet

John~
wrote:

Funny story; I had a roofer out the other day who offered me a great
deal on premium shingles with a 35 year warranty. I looked him in the
eye and said "Listen, sonny; I'm 60 years old. Why the hell would I
waste my money on a shingle with a 35 year warranty?"

The Rolls-Royce of toilets is the Toto. Yes, they are pricey, but if
you can afford it, it's the last toilet you will ever buy. You can
look them over at http://www.totousa.com/consumer_landing.asp and even
find a dealer in your area. You wanted modern features, so be sure and
look over the section on "washlets", but don't you dare show momma or
you are doomed.

Like any other household appliance, you get what you pay for.

I'm surprised the roofer didn't point out the benefits & cost break down
of a better product.

On one hand you indicate it's "wasting" money to buy better, then you
indicate "you get what you pay for". You contradict yourself.

This link may be the best information you ever received on the net.
http://tinyurl.com/3cz4ns