Jeff Deeney

Default Changing oil through dipstick tube

Fumoto oil drain valves. Found at Summitracing.com
You'll never do an oil change again without them.
If you've got the ground clearance, get the one
with a nipple, and you can stick on a chunk of hose &
drain directly into an old jug. No more mess. About $15
per valve, but worth every penny.

Oh, you will still need to use ramps for small cars. Trucks
& vans tall enough to crawl under are really easy.

I find it criminal that transmission pans don't have drain plugs.
Yes, you need to remove the pan to change the fluid. It's an
ugly mess. The first time I pull the pan from any new car, I'll
put in a drain plug. This first time, I'll use a drill pump to
suck most of the tranny fluid out to minimize mess.

-Jeff Deeney-