Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Why I dont DIY

In article ,
"R D S" writes:

It doesn't work when ones heart isn't really in it.

Sometimes it doesn't work even when it is.

Yesterday, decided to give my shaver a good clean.
It's a very old Remington Microscreen, for which foils
are no longer available, but I don't shave much as I
have a beard, so I was hoping it would keep on going.
The other thing was to measure the size of the
rechargables in it, so I can order new ones from CPC.
Carefully opened it on my electronics bench, being
sure not to lose the spring clips which hold it
together. Get it apart and give it a good spray with
compressed air can. Took the bottom part down to the
garage to measure the cells with vernier calipers.
Then went hunting around the house for the CPC
catalogue -- found it in the bedroom. Down to the PC
to put the cells on my CPC order. Take the shaver
back up to the electronics workbench to reassemble
it. Get it half back together, then suddenly realise
theres an essential ping****it missing which I hadn't
taken off. Search around the electronics bench and
it's not to be found. Now where else have I been with
it? Just about everywhere round the house and garage.
The expression involving needles and haystacks comes
to mind.

Off to Boots to buy a new shaver...

--
Andrew Gabriel