Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
RonB RonB is offline

Default One Guy Recommended HIRE MOVERS - LISTEN TO HIM!!!!

If you want to get it out safely, look into a local moving company. I'm not
talking about Mayflower Van Lines. Most fair sized towns have at least one
local mover with manpower and equipment to handle this. Many of these
companies have an item called a stair-crawler that helps movers get big
items up the steps -- Like my 800 pound gun safe.

I had such a group move our possessions into a storage facility a few years
ago for about $350. That included the safe.

RonB

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
oups.com...
I, like all of you, have read of a number of accounts over the years
of how some of our fellow lovers of heavy machines have moved their
prized machines into the bowels of a basement shop.

What I would like to hear are stories of how you have removed a
machine from a difficult location such as a basement.

Anyone?

TMT