Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

Default Choosing a Toilet

On Mar 10, 9:33 pm, Don Wiss wrote:
On Sat, 10 Mar 2007, Luke Howett Fitzhugh wrote:

I'm in luck! Consumer Reports has a review of toilets online from Aug.
2005. They talk about some of the things I was interested in. Should
have gone there, first. With the comments from this newsgroup, and the
analyses on CR, I'm confident that I'll have a reliable throne
installed by Monday.

The problem with that article is they only tested a minute fraction of the
toilet models that are available in the market place.

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

If you want to buy Com hieght good idea many of my clients have . If
you buy 6ltr get one that as some one else said fully glazed 2 inch no
smaller opening. 2 button toilets are good but you can save money and
hold the lever till the water in the bowl goe,s down, you then have
used the full 6 ltrs. Nost people that tell me they will never buy
another 6 just don,t know how to flush it properly. You have to hold
the handle till the water starts to go down in the bowl it has then
used the full tank not half as it would if you flick and walk
away.Crane Kohler American Standerd all very good. Good Luck