Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default Choosing a Toilet

Luke Howett Fitzhugh wrote:
Any assistance from someone who has recently replaced their toilet
would be appreciated.

Must have features: elongaged shape, "comfort" or ADA compliant height. I was
looking for a toilet that would flush in one shot compared to the weaker one it
was replacing. I ended up with an American Standard Champion.

It's not quiet at all, but that wasn't important. It so far hasn't choked on
anything that's been dumped in it, pardon the pun. What it doesn't do well is
clean the sides of the toilet when it flushes. Everything will go down but you
may be left with skid marks on the sides.

Whatever you decide, there are no down sides to choosing elongation and comfort
height. If your kids are that small where they might fall in, be sure to have a
roll call every evening before bed to make sure they're all still there.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com