Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Re-skimming rounded Victorian wall-corners with wooden corner piece - remove?

On 10 Mar, 21:39, "Chris" wrote:
On Mar 10, 5:51 pm, "Weatherlawyer" wrote:
On Mar 10, 3:35 pm, "
wrote:
On Mar 10, 2:15 pm, "Chris" wrote:

having the plaster in my lounge re-skimmed as part of redecoration,
and the plasterer has asked whether I want to retain the rounded
cornering on the flue edges and the bay window corners, or replace
them with modern metal cornering ready for skimming to a sharp corner.

Thanks for the tips guys - I'll try to keep the rounded edges. No
point in spoiling the period features.

A rounded corner is far tougher wearing than a square corner, as well
as character in keeping with the building.

NT