Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen Dan Espen is offline

Default Grow ivy, very limited sun

"JoeSpareBedroom" writes:

"Dan Espen" wrote in message

What you really want is pachysandra or vinca.

Yep. Two bulletproof plants, and pretty, too. At my previous house, I had
pachysandra in a spot where it got almost no moisture in the summer. In
winter, it was subjected an endless barrage of falling ice chunks. The
plants just laughed at this treatment, and looked better with every passing
year. I did nothing to them except a little fertilizer ever 2 or 5 years.

I've had pachysandra die back in only extreme drought conditions.
I never water or feed it.

The back half of my yard I purposely leave to nature.
It's a large area about one third pachysandra and one fifth
vinca.

If the pachysandra near the house dies, I just move some more
from the wild area of the yard.