Posted to uk.d-i-y
mikes mikes is offline

Default How heavy is a wooden shed?

Tom Woods wrote:
I want to move the old shed in my garden.

It is a 8x6 wooden apex job.

Assuming i remove all the crap from inside it first, roughly how heavy
is it going to be? If I get a few mates round could 4 of us lift it 10 ft
or so by hand?

Yes.

Whatever previous owner put it in the garden located it really far
away from the wall, leaving me a large dead area behind it which i
want to eliminate.

If the ground is flat, I'd use three or four cylindrical fence posts to roll
it along 'a la Eqyptians building the pyramids'. My ten year old son and I
did it (I had the posts to hand) and even moved it up a gentle slope
successfully.

You need to be careful that you don't push it out of square and find that
the door doesn't close properly afterwards.