Neil Nelson

Default Changing oil through dipstick tube

In article ,
"Refinish King"
wrote:

You spoke too soon!

The dipstick is always positioned in the sump area of the pan.

Not exactly. Mid to late 80s Ford Crown Vic and Mercury Grand
Marquis with 302, engine has two distinct sumps, two drain plugs,
only one dip stick.
Any MoPar LA V-8/V-6 with a center or rear sump, dipstick is at
the front of the block (literally).
Won't work on my 340-6bbl, won't work on my 3.9 Dakota
So much for always...

Push button oil changes without having to jack the vehicle up,
put it on ramps or rack it on a hoist, totally ignores 50% of the
job which is periodic inspection for potential problems, coolant
leaks, oil leaks, check the differential, greasing the steering
components/u-joints, etc.

No wonder this group is so busy.