Refinish King

Default Changing oil through dipstick tube

You spoke too soon!

The dipstick is always positioned in the sump area of the pan.

Refinish King

"Bob" wrote in message

"Steve" wrote in message
Bob wrote:

So is the suction hose hooked to the dipstick tube or is it small

enough
be inserted through the tube down into the pan?
Bob

The dipstick tube doesn't go near the bottom of the pan, If anyone is
just sticking a hose on the dipstick tube itself, all they're going to
do is suck air.

Exactly.... I was going to let someone dig a hole for themselves before I
brought that little point up. I don't think a hose shoved down the

dipstick
tube is very likely to find its way to the lowest part of the pan either.
I'd say at best it's a half assed way of changing the oil.
Bob