Refinish King

Default Changing oil through dipstick tube

In reffrence to your post:

I've had to replace many engines in my time due to DIY'ers leaving the drain
plug loose, the oil filter loose and even using the wrong oil filter.

For the common person, it is not the easiest thing to do on a car. Like
plumbing in a new **** house is not the easiest thing to do in a house, for
the average homeowner!

Refinish King

"Bob" wrote in message

"Chas Hurst" wrote in message

"Bob" wrote in message

"Chas Hurst" wrote in message

"Daniel J. Stern" wrote in message
n.umich.edu...
On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Chas Hurst wrote:

As noted by another poster, marine engines routinely have

the
oil
removed via the dipstick.

Jolly good. However, this is rec.AUTOS.tech, and the question
concerned a car.

So what? We're talking about oil changes.

Yes. Oil changes in *cars*. Cars with drain plugs that are

accessible.

Accessible from where? Under the car is not accesible.

Really? Then you're either an idiot without the capability to use a

set
of
ramps or a jack and stands, or you're too stupid to take it in and

spend
$20
and have it done by someone who can..... Your choice... which is it?
Bob

I have a Benwil lift in my barn to do oil changes, and other work.

Sorry,
under the car is simply not an accessible area for most car owners. Now

lets
move onto those who have a physical impairment. Or those who have a

mental
impairment, such as you.

Mental impairment? Ummm... I'm not the one who called an oil drain plug
inaccessible. Changing the damned engine oil is one of the easiest
maintenance tasks a person can do.
Bob