Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield Harry Bloomfield is offline

Default Does recharging batteries with a charger harm them?

JohnW laid this down on his screen :
Huge, in article , says...

Sadly, this has the opposite problem. It's been on a charger on a timer
all winter, on low charge for 15 minutes a day. Sadly, this is
still excessive, and it electrolysed all the acid away. Topping it
up and leaving on charge all night has revitalised it enough to start
the mower and mow the grass (in March!), but I don't hold out much
hope for it to have a long and happy life!

I'm considering getting one of these myself - hoping for
feedback following my earlier posting :-)

http://tinyurl.com/bz7ma

Lidl have a regular special offer of an absolutely identical one of
these chargers, at around £12. Same PCB inside, same charging method,
just a slightly different case and name on the front.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)