Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Speedbloc paper clamp broke (ping Leon)

"Leuf" wrote in message
On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 15:43:09 -0500, Leuf
wrote:

Two years of very light use on this guy and one of the clamps that
hold the paper, that I have never even used, just broke, or at least
slipped out of whack.

Went ahead and took off the housing. Yep, it broke. The rod that
runs through the spring snapped in half. Guess they don't make em
like they used to.

Now the question is, do I take the other side off or replace the
broken rod - $1.86 plus $8 shipping. Ridiculous

-Leuf

I would buy the pin and a new pad assembly to perhaps save on the shipping.
I fortunately live in Houston and was able to go to the PC repair shop for
parts.