Daniel J. Stern

Default Changing oil through dipstick tube

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Chas Hurst wrote:

I'm too big to reach under the car.

Amazing. Apparently, Mr Hurst here is not only stupid, he's also so
ignorant as never to have heard of a floor jack.

No one mentioned a floor jack.

And nobody mentions that you need a 7/16" socket on an 8" extension to
loosen the distributor clamp bolt on a 225 Slant-6 to set the timing,
either. It's assumed you'll use whatever which tool is necessary to gain
access (there's the magic word!) to whatever it is you wish to service.

Besides that, I have a lift to do oil changes.

Ah. So you're just arguing to hear your keyboard rattle. Yackin' off, as
it were.

But I shouldn't need a jack if the drain plug is accessible.

I fear the dictionaries don't agree with your imaginative definition of
"accessible". They say the word means "able to be accessed". There are no
pesky little asterisks stating the definition only applies if no floor
jack is required.

I also have a floor jack.

Given your comments so far in this thread, all this means is you're truly
a jackass.