Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural,az.politics,triangle.general,neworleans.general
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Legal Americans of ALL Nationalities..TAKE BACK YOUR COUNTRY

jerryl wrote:

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes
here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us,
he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it
is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed,
or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's
becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an
American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says
he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all.
We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for
but one language here, and that is the English language... and we
have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the
American people."
Theodore Roosevelt

The passages were culled from a letter he wrote to the president of
the American Defense Society on January 3, 1919, three days before
Roosevelt died.

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we
are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and
servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."

Theodore Roosevelt, 1918

I reserve my right to disagree.

--
Joseph Meehan