Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Does recharging batteries with a charger harm them?

In article ,
Huge wrote:
And add those 'battery conditioners' at 40 quid when a realistic price
would be a tenner.

OTOH the one I have has saved my GBP50/yr for new car batteries.

As would any battery charger.

And I'm going to buy a second one for the (ride-on) lawnmower, whose
battery is dead as a door-nail, as we discovered yesterday.

Most electronics are like that, anyway. Ever taken an ECU to pieces? 5
quids worht of electronics in a 10 quid die-cast box, which costs 600
quid from the manufacturer.

My point is you can buy a proper charger that will float a battery after
charging it for less. Or even a 'three stage' small one (6 amp max) from
Lidl for a tenner - although of course they never have stock when you want
something. The small conditioners only should cost no more than any
other wall wart - say a tenner.

--
*No husband has ever been shot while doing the dishes *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.