Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] busbus@gmail.com is offline

Default SO KIDDIES: IF BUSH WAS BUILDING A HOUSE... AND IT WAS GOING AS WELL AS HIS NATION BUILDING! WHAT WOULD IT LOOK LIKE?

Well, whoever you are, you missed the entire point of what I wrote.
The lewd, perverted language are the names you call people and the way
you abuse their mothers or fathers or daughters or sons. For some odd
reason, you decide you need to post this stuff to a newsgroup such as
rec.woodworking. It does not belong here. I think I remember
somebody here said they don't care if you are American or Iranian;
Christian or Muslim, he would talk to anybody about woodworking--I
think we all would. That is why we are members of this newsgroup. I
know I am not here to argue about something like this, WHICHEVER side
I am on, and I see merits to both sides. I know I exposed myself to
you with that statement but, frankly, I can't worry about that.

All I am trying to get across to you is this:

This is, first and foremost, a group of people who like to politely
and civilly discuss woodworking. It is not a political forum or a
place for name calling and/or belligerence. Even if you feel others
are being contentious to you, you need to look at yourself and your
actions. If anything you are saying is hostile, crude, nasty, pick a
synonym, then you do not have the right to say that people have not
been respectful of you and your opinion. This is a place where we can
get away from 'the real world' even if it is just for a little while.
For me, it serves as a diversion and a place where I can learn from
other people's experiences about working with wood. Every once in a
while, an off-topic story is submitted--it may be funny, it may be
personal, it may be of days of yore--and these, too, are enjoyable.

Whenever a person reads drivel like "and your's that your infertile
and retarded?" or "No your fat whore Mother just left! You know she
ashamed to have such a failure girlie man for a son who still lives
under her roof." or "HEY JT, LEON MARK and JOSE! GRAB YOU GEAR
HALLIBURTON CAN USE SOME WOODWORKER'S! Fight them Jihadist over there"
and other nonsense like that, do you really think anybody who is a
mature adult would even give the author any sort of respect? Again,
no matter WHICH side of the coin he/she is on?

If you want respect, treat others with respect even if you think they
are not respecting you and your opinion. And respecting people is not
limited to not calling them names, it is also consideration of the
people in a newsgroup and paying attention as to why they are members
of a newsgroup. Post the occasional off topic message, I don't think
anybody will gripe about that. Flood the place, then you will meet
resistance. Face the facts. You would do the same thing is you were
in their shoes--you ARE doing the same thing, which is making this
place more like a zoo everyday.

I am sorry if I do not say "Rah-Rah, BGKM!! Go get 'em!!" I could
not, in good conscience, ever come to respect a man who treats others
with such disregard and belligerence. And, truth be told, from
everything I have witnessed, you are the one who started the mud-
slinging when people dared to disagree with your point of view. It
was you who started saying nasty things then others responded the same
way. I am not saying that they were right in responding that way but,
then again, they didn't expect such venom when they disagreed with a
point of view.

Geesh.

Oh, by the way, saying my name over and over and over again is a way
to nicely mock me.